Our Baby

2 years and counting......

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Totally Amazing!

Guess what we got today - 10 days earlier than expected - That's right! TRAVEL APPROVAL!! It is amazing to think that right now we are just weeks away from meeting our daughter!!!! The exact travel date still is pending because we are waiting on, you guessed it, IMMIGRATION! The Chinese government has blown me away with how quickly they have been in advancing us through this process. Now my OWN government is holding us up!!!! I have to admit though, I have a really nice and sweet officer that has been more than eager to help me. The process is undergoing some changes, so in their defense, it really has not been a cake walk I am sure. I have waited over four years, so what is a few more days, right? We have lots more paperwork to do, and I am getting ready to mail our visa applications in the morning. We also have some minor details to take care of- it is customary in China to give lots of gifts. Since I don't know exact counts on males and females- I would love some suggestions on nice -not so expensive gifts, for either gender, that will travel lightly, and preferably not made in China. OK- off to do more paperwork! We are dizzy with excitement and anticipation!

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you and I know you guys are so happy. I will have to think about the gift idea but I know you are creative and will come up with something good and from the US :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, but good luck finding something small and cheap that isn't made in China.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are really moving forward...before long you will be holding her!!

    Do you mean gifts/toys for the little ones or the adults? How about soft puzzles...though I don't know where to find cheap ones made in U.S. That may be an insurmountable challenge!

    ReplyDelete