Our Baby

2 years and counting......

Thursday, August 12, 2010

CHINA BOUND!

So we are now working on confirming our flights. It is looking like we will be leaving on September 15th, and returning on September 30th. We will be meeting her for the first time on September 20th!! WOW! I cannot believe we are this close!
Once we get our confirmed itinerary, I will post here. Mike and I are planning to take a laptop with us, so that our family and friends can see pictures and posts of our time in China while we are there. Theoretically, this should work, however, China does not offer google- so I am trying to figure out how we will do this. But anyway- stay tuned. Lots of excitement now in the Sheron house!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! What a relief to actually have a date now! The end is in sight and I am so thrilled for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you!!! I really hope the time flies by between now and then!

    For gifts,I found this on a site I use a lot...it has a lot of baby boards where moms discuss their experiences w/ their little ones, share experiences, advice,etc. Here is a post from a board dedicated to China Adoptions, it isn't a very active board, but there is a post from a mom and the gifts they took, good and bad ideas for gifts, etc. which you probably already know, but she gives specifics including noting what she observed others take...I like the idea of t shirts, books w/ pics of your area...I bet you could find some great ones of Asheville...adoption themed bags, pins from Save the Children, etc. Now the trick is finding any of these that are made in USA. Here's the post and it's the last mom's comment that contains the list -- http://community.babycenter.com/post/a1916195/how_many_gifts_did_you_bring

    Let me know if I can do anything to help you get ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And about time. I look forward to going but most importantly, getting back! I just hope no surprises come up between now and then in regards to paperwork or what have you. People that know me know I hate surprises and things not planned out! I like being in control and it seems like this whole process has been so much out of our hands. With my job I am always in control so it has been equally tough on me and Andrea would attest to it. Almost home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyy !! Such great news ! It will be here before you know it !

    ReplyDelete