Our Baby

2 years and counting......

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

September 27, 2010.

So we heard today that we did not get the consulate appointment we wanted. Which means that we will not travel to China this month. I am very sad, but I guess that gives me a little more time to prepare. Ironically, our consulate appointment will likely be September 27, 2010 which is also our anniversary! Our social worker says that you take the consulate appointment and count backwards about 9-10 days, and that will give us the round about time we will travel. I am guessing that this will be sometime the week of the 17th. So now we have to go through another homestudy. This part is not a big deal, but another wait for immigration is what I am most worried about. Hopefully knowing that we have a consulate appointment will rush things up. We have also asked for more updates on Autumn. I am crossing fingers and toes for new pictures. And again- if anybody has any ideas on inexpensive gifts to take to China- please speak up! We are having a REALLY hard time finding things not made in China! Unbelievable. I am almost ready to start crafting.

1 comment:

  1. Check out www.etsy.com. It is a site for handmade crafts from many different price points. Maybe you could get some ideas or buy some made in the USA goodies.

    ReplyDelete