Our Baby

2 years and counting......

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

YEAH!! IMMIGRATION APPROVAL!!

We FINALLY got our immigration approval today!! Our agency submitted a request for our daughter's US consulate appointment to secure her visa status. This very important date is what our travel dates depend on. So, I was told that tomorrow, we should hear something! I am on pins and needles - the earliest we could travel is in 2 weeks. WOW- 2 weeks! This is what my agency is hoping for- because our home study will expire next month. That means, you guessed it, ANOTHER immigration approval!! This could throw us into late September or even later. Then, China celebrates a major holiday around September 22. There is a trade show early October that goes over several days, and then there is the in country games happening between October and November. While I think that travel during this time would be acceptable, the costs may go up significantly because of all the events taking place. While I feel like I have no time now to prepare, I am crossing my fingers and saying my prayers for travel in August. But whenever we go, I know it is in God's hands and timing will be perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Andrea I hope you get to go in August. How wonderful it would be to celebrate your 10 year anniversary and your new baby girl all together as a new family! Praying you get good news. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete