Our Baby

2 years and counting......

Friday, June 4, 2010

Obtaining Goals

So Mike and I have been going to the YMCA for a REALLY long time now. I usually work out about 30minutes, sometimes more, about 3-4 days per week. Not really making much progress in the weight loss department, but I can say I have no problems with cholesterol. Anyway, I set a goal for myself, to step it up. I have been scared to death of running- fear of injury, fear I can't do it, and it has always seemed so hard. I hate it with a passion. BUT, tonight, I finally conquered my goal- I ran one mile. That does not seem like much, but to me, it is HUGE! I am going to try to keep it up! I'd love to be able to do more.

Other news- I have been trying to work on myself, and find some kind of closure with our lost China referral. There are 25,000 children in china- all ages, that suffer with Cleft Lip/Palate issues, of varying degree. Smile train is a wonderful organization, that helps repair and restore these children to be able to *smile* again. Anyway, in researching this organization, I realize that their work is so important, and the impact for these children must be incredible. Our lost referral has a cleft. Anyway, I made a donation, Mike and I, in the name of our lost referral to help one of these children. I hope that we will get an update in the next several months regarding the exact child we were able to help.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful...what a wonderful blessing you are! Will you even know the child the money went to help? I know it doesn't matter, but I always love to be specific when I pray...and you are in my prayers! Hang in there--time will heal your heart. You will never be without that loss, but I do believe time will help you understand. Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I HATE to run...Hate it! So running a mile is a HUGE accomplishment. I couldn't run a mile if Jason or Freddy or one of those other horror movie characters were chasing me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also could not run a mile, not in my wildest dreams, and I also have no desire to do so! LOL!! But I do have great respect and admiration for anyone else who does it. It just makes me think of my days of running track in high school...every single day at practice I cursed at myself in my mind all the while saying to myself "I am finishing practice today and never coming back...this is my last day". I said that every single day at practice, which explains why I was cursing myself!!

    I have seen the Smile Train advertised. What a wonderful cause, and a truly wonderful gift to give a child.

    ReplyDelete