Our Baby

2 years and counting......

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Immigration, Arrrgggg!

So, I found out today that Mike and I are only approved by immigration to adopt a fifteen month old child or younger!!! Our match is seventeen months old! So, we have to submit a new home study to Immigration- and wait for a new approval! YIKES- another wait from immigration! I hope this does not take long.
We also have found a very minor discrepancy with her paperwork- I think this is a non-issue, but it has delayed us a day or two in submitting our intent to adopt to China. In retrospect, it is good we waited a day because we need a new home study report to go with it, which has to be up to date for the seventeen month old. So complicated! To add to the complication- our international social worker is getting married! I am so happy for her, but, it scares me not having her around to help me at the exact second I need her! Our local social worker has been wonderful, so I think I am going to survive.
Lastly, I am trying to hold it together because I am so scared of losing her! I think that I will feel better once we get a little further with the paperwork. I have asked for some extra hand holding during this process from the staff at Bethany. I hope I am not driving Mike too crazy! Anyway, one day at a time, right?

1 comment:

  1. No......not at all! I understand your nervousness, guess I am just laid back a little more on such issues. I am like you and want the paperwork to advance a little further before I take the radar off for disaster. But I have a feeling this will work out.

    ReplyDelete