Our Baby

2 years and counting......

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Living for Mondays!

I remember a simpler life, when I worked during the week, and lived for the weekend! Sleeping in on Saturdays - still like to sleep in. However, since we started this adoption journey to China, I find myself longing for Monday mornings! What? Mondays are usually full of updates on what the latest is out of China regarding adoptions. So here I sit, another Sunday night, counting down the hours until Monday morning so I can know what is going on. What is going on? Truthfully, I don't know. We are still waiting. Father's day is coming up- wouldn't it be a wonderful gift to Mike (and me too!) if we were matched again this month! A happy Father's day indeed! All I can do is say my prayers, and wait 'til Monday.



Today was a hard day. I made the journey to Asheboro, to memorialize the daddy I lost just four years ago. I miss Bill so much! I wish he were around to share this adoption with us, or at least give me some of that good advice! The engineer without a degree. He would be mesmerized that my upside down tomato plant has 27 small tomatoes right now! If anyone needs tomatoes, let me know. I am sure they won't be as good as Bill's though. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got to go in for the service! We actually went to the Bristol Relay for Life this weekend to support Jim's mom (breast cancer), and bought luminaries for his dad, mom and my dad. I was surprised how emotional I became being that I was in a totally different town, w/ no one I knew really, or who knew my dad, but the survivor's walk got me. The faces of cancer share similar characteristics, and so every one there reminded me of my dad in one way or another. I remember surprising my dad one year at the walk when it was at AHS...he was finishing his lap and there I stood waiting for him fresh in from Charlotte. His face lit up when he noticed me. I will always treasure that moment! I know you have many moments w/ Bill to treasure. Those very moments are the things that cancer cannot take from us!!

    I cannot believe you got a topsy turvey tomato plant! So they really work?? We have tomato plants in a garden box which I am more than ready to have provide me w/ ripe tomatoes...but alas they are still all green!

    I hope you hear something really soon about a new referral...still thinking about ya'll and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete