Our Baby

2 years and counting......

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Now in Guangzhou!

Trying to see if downloading pics works. Here Mike and I are in the rickshaw touring the Hutong.
Mike and I have now arrived at the White Swan Hotel in Guangzhou. We had to get up this morning at 345am to catch our van to go to the airport. We are very tired. We have to exchange our money, find Mike some shoes (long story) and hopefully find some lunch. I hope that we are able to get lots of rest this evening because tomorrow will be a very busy day! We don't know what time we will meet Autumn, sometime in the afternoon, I think? And after that, she is in our care. We just had the crib delivered.

A little about Guangzhou. I am so amazed at the rows and rows of apartments. I have often wondered how you can fit millions of people into a small area, now I know. It was truly amazing. Life in China is very different than what we are used to. Hopefully this week we can get out and explore the city.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I hope you will get some rest and I hope they have food there you can eat. So once you meet Autumn tomorrow she's officially your baby? WOW again! Thinking of you all and saying prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved seeing a picture of you two! We're praying for you. Maybe you'll get some rest. I'm wondering if Mike will come back with fake Nikes or some odd Chinese brand of shoes. We can't wait to see the pics when you pick up Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Yes, no Nikes but I did end up with a odd Chinese brand which look like Nike's, Reebok; Addidas, and such........they are called Li Ning. I actually like them and while they are/will suffice the sizes here are different. I believe the foot width here is more narrow and I wore a 43 2/3?????? size which equated to a 10 US where I usually wear a 45 Euro or 10.5 to 11 US. Nothing makes sense there for sure. But I have my shoes and I am cooking again! China is big and the people so far have been great.

    ReplyDelete