Our Baby

2 years and counting......

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It is finally time!

Well, today is September 14, 2010. We will be leaving in 18 hours to go to China. I am feeling a lot of emotions. I am excited, terrified, happy, sad, all wrapped up in one. I guess that is normal. I am wondering what our life is going to be like when we get home? Mike has all the carseats in place, safety gate up, and a nursery for a little girl half the world away is all ready. Please continue to pray for Autumn. Her world as she knows it is about to be turned upside down. I can't imagine what it is going to be like for her. I pray that we will be able to meet her needs emotionally because I know it will be hard for her. But with a lot of love, hopefully things will all be OK.
We will try to update our blog while in China- stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. Autumn is about to become one of the luckiest little girls in the world. She's getting a beautiful home in a nice safe neighborhood, two enthusiastic "sisters" with unlimited licks and affections, and a mother and father who are busting at the seams with love to share. There are also quite a few of us "extended family members" who can't wait to get our share of hugs from that little angel. Even though there may be a period of adjustment, Autumn will figure out very soon that she has gotten a pretty sweet deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what Alan wrote. Autumn is a very blessed little girl to have parents like you that will take care of her and love her. Still praying for you guys and I know the Lord will see you through. Love to you and safe travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love all three of you. We'll be thinking about you and praying for you and your new family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay..........it's almost 11 p.m. and we have to be up at 3:30 a.m. roughly! We have gotten everything I believe packed. And as you guessed it, Andrea's suitcase is/was 11 lbs. over! I knew it would be. Okay, gotta get some sleep so signing off! Hopefully with a 5 hr. layover in Chicage I can catch up on e-mails and updates.

    ReplyDelete