Our Baby

2 years and counting......

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mike's initiatiation to what prunes can do!

So yesterday, Autumn did not eat or drink but about 2-3 ounces. That's it. She took about 1/4 container of prunes, washed down with about 1/6 ounce of water. Then, our social worker came. Shiyan is so awesome. She brought prune juice and pedialyte. It took Mike holding her, and Shiyan holding her head, and a lady downstairs came an talked to her in Cantonese (her native language) and we finally got about 4 ounces of formula in her with a syringe. She turned flips, cried, and screamed, fought us to the end, but finally got it in her. She is dehydrated. Shiyan thinks she has a major case of separation anxiety and depression. So lots more TLC and hopefully this will get better. She went to sleep no problem. (probably tired from the fight) This morning, still would not take a bottle, but we got about 5 1/4 ounce of formula with the syringe. She took about 5 forced bites at breakfast and lastly had a major wake up stinky diaper and during breakfast, finished what she started. Mike was a good help, but certainly allowed me to do the changing. I hope things will get better for her. I hate force feeding her. She loves to walk- so going to strap on the baby carrier and take her to Starbucks.

4 comments:

  1. At least she didn't have a blow-out! Maybe she'll be ready to eat now that things are moving along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me it was a MRB! But to my surprise not as bad as I had envisioned for sure. She has a set of lungs and can fight and scrap like a child older. I may have a great potential here for her to be a Kung Fu master! She can give a serious evil eye too! I have gotten quite a few of them but that is okay. I remind her I am not her friend but her father first and only wants what is best for her. The friendship can come later. In my day to day work I protect those around me, in my personal life and now with a child not much different other than I would do this with my life now!

    ReplyDelete