Our Baby

2 years and counting......

Thursday, July 15, 2010

What to give a 17 month old girl?

So I woke up this morning- and just remembered that since we have our official LOA, we can now send our little girl gifts from "Mommy and Daddy."
What do you send a 17month old? We can send her pictures of us and her new home, and other pictures that may be pertinent to her new life. I am not sure at 17 months old, how much she is really going to comprehend. Any suggestions?
I also have to keep in mind that the orphanage may decide to keep some of what we send, especially clothes.

4 comments:

  1. I'm no expert, but I think that a sturdy picture album with pictures of you guys, your dog(s), the house, the mountains, etc. would be a great way for her to get to know you. She may not understand what the pictures mean until she gets here, but those faces and places would seem familiar to her. You could send her board books as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Allyson...a picture album is a great idea. Can she have a doll? Maybe one of those My First Baby Dolls. They are small and soft. I have seen them in Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking a nice road bike so she can start west and we can pick her up in France to see the end of the TDF! Just kidding! Good suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny!!! But France would be nice :) Let us know what you decide to send her.

    ReplyDelete