Our Baby

2 years and counting......

Saturday, February 20, 2010

What's next??

OK- so as family and friends are finding out, I am being asked "what happens now?"
Well, first and foremost, we have to submit a "Letter of Intent" to China- this just basically says yes we want her, and outlines our plan to be able to care for her. That is submitted, notarized, translated to Chinese and sent to China. After that we will wait for our formal "Letter of Acceptance" from China. There is lots of other paperwork to do also, regarding travel. We also found out that our fingerprints will be expiring on February 22, 2010, so we have to make our third trip to Charlotte to be re-fingerprinted. We submitted that request today- nothing like waiting until the last minute- right? That expiration date had somehow slipped by me. Anyway, last but certainly not least, she has a name. If you have not figured out by now, we plan to call her Autumn.

9 comments:

  1. Grandma Sheron also said she likes the name Autumn....and that she cannot wait to see her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike picked *Autumn* because that is our favorite time of year; Autumn in the mountains is absolutely spectacular, and we were also married during that time of year. So, Autumn it is. Now what will be her middle name?? Still thinking about that one.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are gonna go broke buying all these clothing items we did tonight! Even for me being the hard butt got no time for your so called alibi SBI Agent kinda got caught up in the purchasing............guess even I have to have a soft spot sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to spoil my niece. I hope I get to babysit and introduce her to GRACIE.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you all. God is so good and I can't wait to see Autumn....what a pretty name. I will be praying everything goes smooth for you both these next few months. By the way, I love the lady bug theme. Mike you spend that money!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't need to spend it......Andrea is doing a great job of it herself! The Sheron is getting ready to come out in me before long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh,please don't let the Sheron come out in you. It will all be okay. It's just money....haha. You can't take it with you so you might as well spend on that little girl:)

    ReplyDelete