Our Baby

2 years and counting......

Saturday, February 13, 2010

A journal for our adoption starting today

Today I decided that I would start a journal of our adoption process. We have actually been in this process for two years. What a long wait for china! Anyway, I decided as we get *somewhat* closer, I would start to document what we are, and have been going through. Today is Mikes birthday, he is the big *40*! Where have the years gone?
We started our adoption journey in 2006. We reviewed many agencies, programs, etc and settled on Bethany Christian services, and International Adoption through China.
When we started, the wait was about 18months for a healthy child. Now, it is almost 46!! We have decided to open our hearts, and consider a special needs child also. This may make our wait shorter. Not sure. But nonetheless, we want to be considered for both. I hope that you will share this journey with us!

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for both of you and I know you will make great parents. I love this journal and I am so excited for the two of you. God will send just the right child to you. Love you guys and I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL MAYBE IT WILL WORK NOW THIS IS THE FIFTH TIME I TRIED TO POST.....GREAT NEWS TODAY..CAN HARDLY WAIT..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It worked.........welcome to the 21st century!

    ReplyDelete