Our Baby

2 years and counting......

Sunday, March 28, 2010

An unfortunate turn of events....

It is with regret, and overwhelming grief that I update all followers to our Blog that our beautiful little girl was taken away from us this week, March 23, 2010. For reasons I can't begin to understand or even explain, she is gone. We are one of two families in our agency, and one agency of 34 around the world that are dealing with this type of loss. Adoption from China is embedded with rules, rules that are very predictable and issues like this are very rare. It is a trusted system, which is why we chose this process. However, the system has failed us, and many other families this week.
Mike and I are overwhelmed with grief over this loss. She was truly a gift from God. I ask that you pray for us, our family, and the dozens of other families in this situation; also pray for our little girl, and the millions of other children still waiting on their forever family.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Andrea, I am SO sorry. Lots of prayers are being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mike and Andrea, I am so, so sorry to hear this. We will keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers...many, many prayers.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been on my heart all day! I am stunned...
    Heather (MDMOM from BB)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike and Andrea...I don't even know what to say other than I am truly sorry and I will pray for you all. My heart breaks for you and I can't even imagine how you must feel. Just know you all will be in my prayers and I pray God comforts you like no one else can. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no!!! I am shocked and truly sorry to hear this. I don't even know what to write...like many, many others, I am thinking about you and praying for you. There just aren't even any appropriate or worthy words. I am just so sorry that this has happened.

    ReplyDelete