Our Baby

2 years and counting......

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A very humbling week.

While we are so blessed recently with the news of our dear Autumn, this week has been hard. A very dear couple I know just lost their home, all their belongings, beloved pets to a house fire. I can't imagine what they are going through. It has just left me speechless. But during this terrible time, I have been humbled by the love and generosity of so many folks coming together to help out. Please keep this couple in your prayers, as they try to make sense of all this and move on.

Nothing new from Autumn. The days are dragging.... waiting patiently is not my greatest asset. We finally heard that immigration has cashed our check. So any day we should have our appointment for fingerprinting. We also got our updated home study from our social worker. A little progress anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, that is awful...especailly the pets! Lee and his family are coming up on a year since their house burned to the ground...thankfully no pets lost. It was devastating, though. Try living in a hotel with three kids under 7. Stressful! I keep trying to convince him to move to TN so we can be closer and "there" for one another, but he thinks we should all move to the coast instead!

    At least it is progress...I keep checking back to see if you've heard anything further. Cannot wait to see a pic! If you need any help figuring out what essentials you need to buy, just let me know. I have a spreadsheet (yes a spreadsheet) somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always see positive in your own situation no matter how bad it gets. BTW- Your confirmation came today from Immigration but mine did not. Hopefully it will come tomorrow. Go figure.......the US Government can't get anything done right together. Darn liberals! Hopefully the conservatives will be in power again someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about the couple losing everything. I will remember them in prayer. God knows everything and He will provide.

    I do hope and pray you hear something soon. I know the waiting must be hard.

    And yes, Mike, we need the conservatives back!!!

    ReplyDelete